Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Busy week equals comfort food

I am only 2 days into the week and already feel like I have been going non-stop. I think that is going to be the norm for me though when you choose to do once a month grocery shopping and meal planning. So with all that being said it meant comfort foods for dinner, which to me translates to my grandma's Swedish meatballs. They are one of my favorite meals.
 

Swedish Meatballs

 recipe from my Grandma Battson
  • 1lb of ground turkey meat
  • 1 pkg onion soup mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1 cup brown minute rice
  • splash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 can of Tomato soup
  • 1/3 cup water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 casserole dish. In a medium bowl mix the onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard, eggs and Worcestershire sauce. Mix it well and dump in the rice and turkey meat.
 Once that is mixed up well grab a large cookie scoop to make the meatballs.
 Now take the tomato soup and spoon some over each meatball until they are completely covered. Then add the water to the casserole dish in between the meatballs.
 Place in the preheated oven for 40-45 min. Dish up a few meatballs, top with some ketchup and a side of your favorite veggies. Enjoy the warm, comforting yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment