Friday, February 8, 2013

Chicken soup, good for the soul

The snow is falling outside and I have two sickies in my house so, when it comes time to figure out what's for dinner, my first thought is Chicken and Noodle Soup. Now I have tried so many different recipes for this but have ultimately come up with my own concoction that I love. The broth is so flavorful that I could honestly just drink that rather than eat the veggies and chicken. Hope you love it as much as I.

Chicken and Noodle Soup

  • 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 8 cups Chicken Broth
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/4 tsp ground thyme
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 cup diced carrots
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1 cup chopped squash
  • 8oz. Diatali pasta
In a large pot cook chicken breasts, chicken broth, onion, garlic, and seasonings on medium-low heat for 40min until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
 
Remove chicken and shred. Return to the pot and add carrots, celery and yellow squash. Allow to simmer for an additional 30 min.
While the vegetables are cooking, in a separate pot cook pasta according to box and then drain.
Right before serving dump the pasta into the chicken soup and stir. Dish up and serve with some warm crusty bread.
The smell alone could cure the common cold, so savory!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment