Friday, February 15, 2013

What a cookie for Breakfast?

Who doesn't love having sweets for breakfast?  I know I will always jump at the chance to have something sweet and chewy for breakfast. These are a great choice for on the go healthy breakfast alternatives. Tell your kids it's a breakfast cookie and all they think is "sweet, a treat for breakfast" but you'll feel great because it chalk full of bananas, applesauce and oats.
 
 

Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

  • 3 ripe bananas mashed
  • 2/3 cup applesauce
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter (I prefer creamy but crunchy would work also)
  • 1 2/3 cups quick oats
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
  •  
 
 Mash the bananas and applesauce together until they are fairly smooth.
 Next add in the peanut butter and the vanilla. Mix well.
Then pour in the oats, chopped nuts, and chocolate. I know, I used whole peanuts in my picture shame on me, but I was in a hurry this morning.
Once thoroughly mixed allow to sit for several minutes while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Once the oven is preheated take a medium cookie scoop or heaping spoon full of batter and drop onto a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet. Flatten out the batter and cook for 25-30min until golden brown.

Grab a few of these and a glass of ice cold milk for a quick bite in the morning packed full of healthy yumminess!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber!
    These are in the oven right now! I can't wait to taste them. I added Cinnamon and just a tiny dash of salt. I love the combination of anything peanut butter and banana! Thanks for the recipe

    ashleigh

    ReplyDelete